31 Jul Let Botox help you turn back the clock on the five most age-revealing areas
Botox® may very well be one of the most popular facial rejuvenation options out there, but contrary to what some may think, Botox isn’t to be injected into just any part of the face.
As a neurotoxin that’s simply going to help stop the muscle movement that creates lines and wrinkles, the best approach is often a conservative one, and in cosmetics, it should primarily be used in the muscles of the face.
The five best areas for Botox
Whether you’re considering Botox injections for the first time or looking for other areas it can help you rejuvenate, here’s a peek at five areas you should be using this magical potion.
- Forehead. The horizontal lines across the forehead come about as we age and become even more noticeable when our eyebrows are raised. But if you prevent these muscles from contracting, you’re going to prevent these deep wrinkles from forming and getting etched into the skin.
- Crow’s feet. The crow’s feet area, or the area around the eyes, is often one of the first signs of aging women tend to notice – hence why it’s one of the most popular areas for Botox treatments. These fine lines around the eyes of course begin to show more as we get older and often become even more visible when we’re smiling. Fortunately, Botox can greatly reduce, and in some people, even eliminate these fine lines that tend to give away our age.
- Frown lines. The frown lines, or glabella lines, are the vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows that make some people look extremely tired or even angry. But this doesn’t have to be the case; Botox can smooth this area out and give you a more refreshed appearance.
- Lipstick lines. The fine lines and vertical wrinkles around the mouth become more visible as we get older, but not only can Botox minimize the appearance of these wrinkles but even help turn the corners of the mouth back up.
- Marionette lines. These are the lines that start at the corners of the mouth and draw down towards the chin. As long as these lines are not yet deeply etched into the skin, Botox can do wonders for keeping these wrinkles at bay.
The main goal of Botox is to prevent those deep wrinkles from ever occurring in the first place so getting injections before they appear is truly key. If the wrinkles are already etched into the skin, Botox can still be a good option, but it’s likely your dermatologist will recommend Botox in conjunction with other proven treatments such as dermal fillers.
If you’re noticing wrinkles that are just starting to become visible, and become more visible with movement, it may be the perfect time to start getting Botox and stop those wrinkles dead in their tracks!
Contact Center of Surgical Dermatology for Botox Cosmetic in Westerville, OH
Center of Surgical Dermatology is the largest medical and surgical skin treatment and wellness facility in Central Ohio. Since 2007, our board-certified Dermatologists, fellowship-trained Mohs surgeons, and caring professional staff have provided patients with the treatment they can trust in an environment second to none. Learn more about our state-of-the-art Dermatology Center before booking your appointment to day.